|GIZ - Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit|
Description of project:
The Egyptian government receives support from Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH in establishing a sustainable energy supply based on energy efficiency and renewable energy. This has generated positive effects on climate protection and the environment. As a part of this project, detailed energy audits in 10 different hotels and resorts in Egypt have been considered to promote energy efficiency within the hotel industry.
Envidatec GmbH was involved as a consulting firm and carried out the following activities:
- Conducting 10 detailed energy audits in hotels/resorts in Egypt.
- Development of 10 detailed energy audit reports including calculation of energy and water savings, investment opportunities, economic analysis via NPV, IRR calculations.
- Development of energy/water scorecard including benchmarking.
- Optimization of solar PV plants in hotel/resorts.
- Evaluation of solar PV fuel saver technology for hotels/results.
- Development of bankable facility energy efficiency action plans.
- Presentation of all results in a joint stakeholder workshop.
- Detlef Borst; Team Leader, Senior Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Expert.
- Peer Schuback: Senior Energy Efficiency and Energy Management Expert.