Description of project:
Undertake Resource and Energy Efficiency Check (REC) for Deutsche Investitions- und Entwicklungsgesellschaft (DEG) partner companies with complex material flow located in developing countries and newly industrialized countries. The main aim of the project was to develop energy efficiency projects which present an investment opportunity for DEG.
- The framework of the project included the development and performance of trainings for the local auditors in the areas of energy efficiency, energy management system according to ISO 50001, energy audit according to ISO 50002, implementation of energy efficiency measures (lighting, pumps, HVAC, compressed air, steam, building performance, energy monitoring, etc.).
- In the ISO 50001 work steps of the project, more than 20 on-site partners were found and internal audits, certification audits stage 1 and stage 2, and energy audits in different levels for 8 different target branches (steel, paper, hotels, residential buildings etc.) had been conducted.
- Detlef Borst: Project leader and senior energy efficiency expert.
- Peer Schuback: Team leader and senior energy efficiency expert.
- Rafaella Dourado: Energy efficiency expert.