|AfDB - African Development Bank|
|04/2021 - ongoing
Description of project:
The overall objective of this African Development Bank (AfDB) project is to facilitate the timely and effective implementation of the Project by rendering assistance to Electricidade de Moçambique (EDM) with all aspects of the feasibility studies. Wanting to substantially improve the quality of the street lighting networks in the Cities, reduce consumption and make streets safer and better lit, EDM intends to replace sodium and mercury vapor lamps with modern and efficient LED-based solutions with higher technical and quality performance.
- Carry out walkthrough surveys on a representative sample of streetlights.
- Conduct a cost-benefit analysis of replacing the existing street lighting systems with suitable LED-based solutions and operations optimization options.
- Analyze the energy services market capability to implement a city-wide street lighting program using LED technology.
- Propose potential and relevant rollout mechanisms for cities.
- Detlef Borst: Team Leader, Senior Energy Efficiency Expert
- Bohdan Obodovskyi: Energy Audit and Energy Efficiency Expert
- Vijay Gawade: Technical Backstopper