|9/2016 - 08/2017|
The project "Energy Efficiency in Key Industrial Sectors" is financed by the Global Environmental Facility (GEF) and implemented by the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) as the implementation center of the GEF.
The main objectives of the project are:
- Strengthening energy efficiency through the creation of voluntary energy agreements with the industrial sectors
- Establish a framework for national energy management standards
- Support for capacity building through training
- Development of Energy Efficiency targets
- Provision of benchmarks and above all the identification of technology improvement potentials for the energy-intensive cement industry
The results of the project present the latest state of energy efficiency in the cement industry in Iran. For Iran, which is one of the major cement producers in the world, energy efficiency plays an important role in making the sector more sustainable and competitive. Within the framework of the study, 23 cement production lines in Iran were compared with local and international energy-efficient practices and thus the assessment of the energy efficiency improvement in the sector was made possible.