|EBRD - European Bank for Reconstruction and Development|
Gyumri Urban Roads Project: Feasibility Study for the Urban Street Lighting Component
Description of project:
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the EBRD) supported the City of Gyumri (Armenia) finance the rehabilitation of major streets, as well as the modernization of street lighting in the City. The proposed investments ensure that fit-for-purpose street lighting equipment with safe electrical cabling is installed in the City along the roads that are being rehabilitated under the Project.
Envidatec GmbH was involved as a consulting firm and carried out the following activities:
- Review, summarise, and document road and street development plans, available studies by local or international institutions, and the City’s investment proposals, and set out the rationale and justification for the street lighting (SL) component investments.
- Determine the scope of the SL component that would be financed in the total amount of EUR 6 million by preparing the priority investment program based on the cost-benefit analysis.
- Study and confirm the new and innovative green technology, specifically in carbon/economic savings, to be achieved in the SL component.
- Financial planning, including CAPEX, OPEX, ROI, IRR, and NPV as well as the support of the saving calculations of the modern street lighting and the corresponding equipment.
- Detlef Borst: International energy efficiency and finance expert.